We provide training in childhood obesity for healthcare professionals that care for children and adolescent across the disciplines.
The training opportunities that we offer include online training courses and clinical skills training. We are delighted to launch our free online training course and welcome all health professionals to register below.
Our Obesity Research and Care Group in RCSI and CHI@TempleStreet are keen to empower health professionals in their practice related to child and adolescent obesity. We have developed a fantastic online learning course to help build knowledge and empower health professionals in practice.
Please click the link below to access this course.
It is important that all HP training programmes are based on the experience and insight of HPs that currently work with children, adolescents and parents in Ireland. We have designed a training needs assessment survey to quantify their requirements for education in this area.
The survey has three aims:
- To understand the training needs of health professionals related to care of children with obesity;
- To understand the current practice related to growth measurement of children
- To provide access to free online CPD-approved training resources.
- Are you a Health Professional working in Ireland?
- Have you completed the Childhood Obesity in the Irish Health System Needs Assessment Survey? (link above)
- Have you completed the E-Learning Course in Childhood Obesity? (link above)
- Would you like to carry out clinical shadowing with the W82GO Child and Adolescent Weight Management Service in Children’s Health Ireland at Temple Street?
Further details of the service can be found at w82go.ie
If so, please submit your name and email address here. Please note: Each health professional attending for shadowing will be required to complete pre-shadowing documentation including garda clearance and a shadowing evaluation form. By providing your name and email address you are consenting to Children’s Health Ireland at Temple Street contacting you in relation to training and shadowing in childhood obesity. You can remove your details at any time by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org